MEMBER CONSULTATION GOING OUT ON COMMON INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PRACTICE
Following adoption of the IACD global definition of community development at the 2016 AGM, the IACD Training and Professional Development Committee established a joint project team in partnership with the Community Learning and Development Standards Council Scotland. This project team has now produced a Draft Guidance document that the Training Committee is putting out for member consultation.
Full IACD members will receive the full document this week. You can however find the document here IACD Draft Standards Guidance paper
The Training Committee wishes to have members’ feedback on the Draft Guidance over the next three months. Is this Guidance helpful for explaining your practice? Could it be used to inform community development posts job descriptions? Could it be used as a framework for the design of professional community development training?
We look forward to hearing from you.
In 2016 the IACD board approved its global definition of Community Development
“Community development is a practice-based profession and an academic discipline that promotes participative democracy, sustainable development, rights, economic opportunity, equality and social justice, through the organisation, education and empowerment of people within their communities, whether these be of locality, identity or interest, in urban and rural settings”.
IACD’s Position Statements
- Policy Statement on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Policy Statement on Climate Change
- Policy Declaration of Intent to Work towards Community Centred Economies
- Policy Statement on Building Democratic Institutions and Civil Society in the Asia-Pacific Region through Community Development
- Policy Statement on the Role of Community Development in Building Civil Society in Africa
- Policy Statement on Building European Civil Society Through Community Development
- Policy Statement on Globalisation, Migration and Social Development