Shaking our Assets Conference report now available
There was an enthusiastic response to the joint IACD/Community Learning and Development Standards Council for Scotland event, “Shaking our Assets”, which took place in Glasgow on 1 February 2012.
More than 60 delegates, including activists, community development professionals and staff from the health sector, took part in a full day event, exploring examples of asset-based approaches from Scotland and around the world. Participants said they had felt inspired and challenged by the case studies and the chance to reflect on the opportunities – and risks – involved in taking an assets approach in their own contexts.
- Rory MacLeod, Director, Community Learning and Development Standards Council for Scotland
- Fiona Garven, Director, Scottish Community Development Centre
- John Cassidy, Chair, Cambuslang and Rutherglen Community Health Initiative
- Ingrid Burkett, President, IACD
- Teresa Martinez, Environmental Researcher and International Development Consultant
Download the Conference report and keynote presentations below:
Find out how you can help IACD.
Sign up to our monthly e-bulletin to get all the latest news from IACD.
Read IACD's second issue in our new series of international 'Practice Insights'.
Find out more about our international conference taking place in Glasgow, UK in 2014!
IACD works in collaboration with the Community Development Journal
IACD is a member of the Network of International Development Organisations in Scotland (NIDOS)