Join our global network of community development practitioners, trainers, students and activists.
IACD Membership Benefits
IACD connects people to each other, making the world a bit smaller. Joining this international network for people interested in community development opens up the following benefits:
- Special email updates about issues of particular interest to IACD members, in addition to our regular ebulletins
- Free webinars (see upcoming events for details)
- Access to restricted areas of the IACD website, with opportunities for learning and practice exchange
- Opportunities to participate in study visits and other face-to-face learning events
- Discounted rates at IACD international conferences (up to 4 places for each organisation member)
- Discounted subscriptions to the international Community Development Journal
- Opportunities to share your work and experiences with a global audience, through our website, featured member profiles, member publications, ebulletins, Practice Insights and other publications
- Support in sharing stories about your work with communities
- The right to a vote at IACD’s Annual General Meetings
- The right to nominate yourself or someone else to IACD’s Board of Directors.
- Opportunities to connect with others and to shape the direction of IACD by joining one of our task forces or working groups and taking part in our member opinion polls.
Who Should Join IACD
- Local, regional and national associations and networks of community development practitioners
- Organisations that work in and support community development initiatives
- Researchers and academics
- Policymakers at local, regional or national levels
- Anyone with a genuine interest in supporting sustainable community development approaches.
For a list of membership fees and payment methods click here.
How to Join
Simply answer the questions on the Join Now Form and pay online with PayPal or a credit card! Or download this form iacd_membership_form.doc (696.5 KB) and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t want to join as a full member yet, you can still be a supporter and subscribe to our monthly eBulletin.
What happens next?
Once we process your membership (please allow at least 48 hours), you will receive a welcome letter, receipt and membership certificate. You will also be signed up to receive our e-bulletin and news and access our member only web pages.
For any membership related queries, please contact our Membership Secretary at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to the network.