Dear IACD members,
We are writing to update you on developments from Ireland, regarding the 2018 IACD/CWI World Community Development conference. The following are some key steps which we would like to inform you of;
- We have established an a national organising group to oversee the day to day planning of the conference comprising;
Rachel Doyle and Ann Irwin (Community Work Ireland)
Oonagh Mc Ardle and Marianne O’ Shea (Maynooth University)
Anastasia Crickley and Rob Gregory (IACD)
Ronnie Fay (Pavee Point and Community work Ireland Board Member)
- We have appointed Elaine Mears as conference organiser until June 2017 (pending further funding to extend Elaine’s contract).
- We have received an initial €6,000 from the Irish Department of Housing Planning Community and Local Government and submitted funding proposals to a range of state bodies and Departments
- We are establishing a Conference Advisory Group
- We have issued invitations to Mary Robinson, Past UN Commissioner for Human Rights and Irish President Michael D Higgins to provide key note speeches
- We have booked the venue at Maynooth University
- We have secured funding to support initial work of £3,000 to IACD
- We have established a new email address firstname.lastname@example.org and a landing page for the conference website http://www.wcdc2018.ie/
Our intention is to have a 2-way flow of communication on developments through regular updates of this nature which we hope you find useful.
Rachel Doyle and the National Organising Group